Cincinnati Uninsured Accident Attorney
Although it is against the law in the state of Ohio to operate a motor vehicle without insurance, hundreds of drivers do so every day. If you get into an accident with a driver that does not have enough insurance to cover your damages, you may not know where to turn for financial compensation for medical bills and property damages. You did not cause the accident, so you should not have to pay.
An uninsured/underinsured driver claim could repay you for your losses even if the at-fault driver negligently does not carry adequate insurance. Our Cincinnati uninsured accident attorneys can help you file your claim with your own insurance company and negotiate for a fair settlement. We can even take your case to trial if necessary for maximum results. Call Elk & Elk Co., Ltd today to find out how we can assist you and your family. Initial consultations with our personal injury lawyer in Cincinnati are free.
Why Choose Elk & Elk?
- Our lawyers have over 50 years of experience practicing personal injury law. We have the resources to create a strong, compelling case on your behalf.
- Our lawyers are passionate about what we do. We will do everything we can to get you the maximum compensation you need.
- Our firm only charges fees if we win the case. You never have to worry about how you will afford a lawyer. We take fees out of what we win for you, not out of your pocket.
Do You Need a Cincinnati Uninsured Accident Attorney?
An uninsured or underinsured driver case can be difficult to take on alone. Your insurance company may deny your claim, leaving you with seemingly no options for recovery. Yet you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver and/or another party. A lawyer can handle complex paperwork for you while you concentrate on your physical recovery. You do not have to go through this alone. A lawyer can make sure no one takes advantage of you and help you hold an uninsured driver accountable.
What to Do After an Uninsured/Underinsured Driver Accident
A collision with an uninsured/underinsured driver can be more confusing than a standard car accident. You may not know where to turn for compensation. Take the following steps to start your insurance claim. Then, contact an attorney in Cincinnati for assistance.
- Stay calm and call the police. Always call 911 if an accident involves a broken law, such as driving without insurance. The police can give the driver a ticket and create an official record of your crash.
- Check for injuries. Go to the hospital immediately after a vehicle collision. You could have injuries with delayed symptoms, even if you do not feel injured. Wait to answer any questions about whether you have injuries until you have seen a doctor.
- Gather information. Get the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. Call the at-fault driver’s insurer to file your claim. If the driver does not have insurance, call your own insurance company.
Your insurance provider will tell you whether you have uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. If so, this will cover your losses up to your policy’s maximum. If not, you may need to seek restitution through another means, such as a civil lawsuit against the at-fault driver or another party. A lawyer can help you seek compensation through all available outlets.
Contact Elk & Elk Today
Speaking to an attorney can give you answers to your questions after a collision with an underinsured driver. You can receive trustworthy counsel and learn how to proceed with a claim. Your attorney can walk you through all the steps it takes to pursue compensation after a crash with someone who does not carry enough insurance. Your future could rest on whether you contact an uninsured accident lawyer in Cincinnati. Contact Elk & Elk today for a free consultation.