Were you injured because of a negligent property owner?
The premises liability lawyers at Elk & Elk are here to help.
Premises liability is a legal principle asserting that property owners are responsible for accidents and injuries on their properties. Most premises liability claims are based on negligence.
We handle the following cases:
- Amusement Park Accidents
- More than 300 million people visit amusement parks in the United States each year. Unfortunately, federal oversight is limited and thousands of injuries – most to kids between five and 14 – happen every year. The U.S. Consumer Safety Product Commission estimates that 43,000 people were hurt at amusement parks in 2017.
- Daycare Accidents
- Dog Bites
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 4 million dog bites happen every year in America. About 800,000 of those require medical attention.
- From 2005-2014, per the CDC, there were an average of 3,536 fatal unintentional drownings annually in the U.S. To that end, drowning is the fifth leading cause of unintentional injury death in the country. Nonfatal drowning injuries can cause major problems. These include memory damage, learning disabilities and loss of basic functioning.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents
- Elder Abuse
- Elder abuse affects millions of people every year. As of 2018, more than 50 million people in the U.S. were over the age of 65. About 10 percent of these individuals are victims of elder abuse, according to various accounts. Elder abuse takes many forms. It can be committed by anyone, including loved ones, caregivers and nursing home residents and/or employees.
- Slip and Fall
- In many personal injury cases, it is fairly simple to determine who is at fault. Slip and fall cases are often much more complex. Without an experienced injury attorney on your side, it can be nearly impossible to force a business or insurance company to take responsibility for your life-changing injuries.
- Staircase Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
If you suffered a serious injury on someone’s property because of the owner’s negligence, contact us today. Call Elk & Elk at 1-800-ELK-OHIO or contact us online.