Cincinnati Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
Drunk driving is an act of gross negligence that could permanently affect a family in Cincinnati. Drunk drivers cannot safely operate vehicles or make sound decisions while driving. This can lead to catastrophic car accidents, serious personal injuries, and wrongful death. Unfortunately, people make the decision to drive drunk every day.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a Cincinnati drunk driving accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at Elk & Elk Co., Ltd to discuss your claim. We can help you negotiate a settlement with an insurance company or take the at-fault driver to court for full compensation. Our Cincinnati drunk driving lawyers take these accidents seriously. Let us advocate for you, protecting your rights and taking care of complex legal matters. Schedule a free consultation today.
Why Choose Us?
- Our lawyers will stand by you during every phase of the settlement process, fighting for a resolution we tailor-made for you and your specific damages.
- Our personal injury attorneys in Cincinnati believe in open communication and transparency. Your needs will always inform our legal strategies, and you will never be in the dark about your case.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge attorney’s fees if we do not win the case.
Why Do You Need a Drunk Driving Attorney in Cincinnati?
In 2018, Ohio police made more than 25,000 operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI) traffic stops. Pursuing compensation in a drunk driving accident can quickly become complicated and frustrating. At Elk & Elk Co., Ltd, our Cincinnati car accident attorneys strive to give you peace of mind through this period by:
- Taking care of any paperwork needed to formally file a claim.
- Investigate your case to determine the proper course of action for your claim.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you are receiving the maximum possible compensation.
- Take your case to trial if it means receiving compensation that meets your needs.
We are here to fight for you and your needs.
Drunk Driving Laws in Ohio
Operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI) in Ohio refers to driving with over the legal limit of alcohol in one’s blood. This limit is 0.02% for drivers under 21, 0.04% for commercial drivers, and 0.08% for regular drivers. However, drivers can receive OVI charges for lower blood alcohol concentrations if the officer believes the driver is intoxicated. Any amount of drugs or alcohol in a driver’s system during a car accident could point to responsibility for the crash. A lawyer can collect evidence of OVI, such as the results of a chemical test or eyewitness accounts, to help support a personal injury claim.
Proving Liability for Damages
A drunk driving accident can cause life-changing personal injuries, expensive medical bills, serious property damage, loss of life, and other damages. Victims in Cincinnati can receive payment for these losses through a successful civil claim. Victims and their attorneys will have the burden to prove four main elements.
- Duty of care. Every driver owes others a duty to exercise reasonable care when controlling their vehicles.
- Breach of duty. Driving under the influence of alcohol is a breach of a driver’s duties because it impacts the ability to drive safely.
- Causation. The driver’s breach of duty must be the proximate cause of the car accident and claimed damages.
- Damages. The victim must have suffered real damages in the crash, such as physical injuries or property damage.
A lawyer can remove the burden of proof from your shoulders. Your lawyer can gather evidence and present it to an insurance company, judge, or jury on your behalf, while you concentrate on healing from your injuries.
Contact Our Cincinnati Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has injuries from a drunk driving accident in Cincinnati, our attorneys can review your case with you for free. You may be eligible for compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial damages. Let us help you fight for justice against drunk drivers. Call (513) 370-5807 or contact us online today.