A child with a new toy brings joy not only to the child but to parents, grandparents and other adults who give children presents. Sadly, this joy can turn to tears very quickly if the toy is defective and causes injury or illness.
If a child you love was injured because of a defective toy, take action. Not only will you be helping to prevent such injuries from occurring again, but you will be obtaining justice for the child.
At Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., we help parents whose children are injured because of defective and dangerous toys. We have been seeking compensation and justice for injured clients for more than 50 years and know how to build strong cases.
To learn how we can help you, contact us online or call 1-800-ELK-OHIO to schedule a free initial consultation.
Examples of recalled and dangerous toys
Toys are listed as dangerous if they can cause choking, strangulation, punctures, lacerations, falls, poisoning and other types of injuries and illnesses.
Dangerous toys for kids include:
- Teddy bears
- Rocking horses
- Ride-on Toys
- Pull toys
- Animal figures
- Activity attachments for strollers
Items such as these have been recalled because of lead paint, sewing needles left inside, harnesses and ropes that could strangle, small parts, instability, and other hazards.
In 2018, Toysafety.org identified the 10 most dangerous toys:
- Cabbage Patch Kids Dance Time Doll has a removable tutu and headband that could be choking hazards.
- VTech’s Zoo Jamz Xylophone has a mallet that could also be a choking hazard.
- Nerf Vortex VTX Praxis Blaster guns fire soft discs that have a potential for eye injuries.
- Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket sends foam-tipped rockets 200 feet in the air and poses eye, face and other impact injury dangers.
- Cutting fruit set includes a rigid plastic knife and has the potential for puncture and blunt force injuries.
- Nickelodeon Nella Princess Knight Pillow Pets Sleeptime Lights pose ingestion hazards and potential battery leakage hazard.
- Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel Superstar Blade has the potential for blunt force and eye injuries.
- NICI Wonderland Doll: MiniClara the Ballerina has a potential for choking injuries because of the kitten accessory.
- Chien A Promener Pull Along Dog has the potential for entanglement and strangulation injuries.
- Marvel Black Panther Claw has a potential for eye and facial injuries.
Our law firm has the resources needed to pursue these often complex cases
Toy cases can be challenging. Sometimes it’s hard to identify the true manufacturer of the item or its component parts. Packaging and instructions are frequently thrown away before a child plays with a toy. Sometimes the distributor or wholesaler has closed its doors and vanished. In other instances, the manufacturer is overseas and difficult to track down.
Our legal team is equal to the challenge, and our attorneys use our vast network of experts, specialists and investigators to identify the source of the defect and determine the liable party.
Free consultation: Get help today
If you’ve been looking for legal assistance after your child was hurt because of a dangerous toy, you’ve come to the right place. Call our Columbus product liability attorneys at 1-800-ELK-OHIO (1-800-355-6446) to schedule your free consultation with an experienced dangerous toy lawyer.