Columbus Probate & Estate Lawyer
Handling complicated probate and estate matters can be difficult without help from an attorney. These are complex legal processes in Ohio that come with certain requirements. Unless you have a legal background, you may not know how to achieve the best results for your probate or estate case. Elk & Elk’s estate lawyers offer probate, trust, will, property, and estate services in Columbus, Ohio. Let us help you through this difficult time. Call (800) ELK-OHIO.
Why Choose Us?
- You will have no up-front costs. We only charge for our services if we are successful with your probate or estate matter.
- You will benefit from 50-plus years of legal experience. We have a reputation for success in Ohio.
- You will receive a tailored legal strategy based on your unique needs, concerns, and goals for your estate.
Do You Need an Attorney?
Estate planning and probate court are not easy matters to handle on your own. They are complicated processes that involve confusing paperwork, potential hearings, and very important legal decisions. Hiring a lawyer takes the burden off your family. This can be especially helpful if you recently lost a loved one. Your lawyer can listen to your needs and concerns and devise a plan. Then, your lawyer can handle difficult legal issues on your behalf. Your lawyer will work to achieve your desired outcomes while you focus on family.
Types of Probate and Estate Services We Provide
At Elk & Elk, we have significant resources to put toward probate and estate planning cases. You can benefit from personnel who have handled these matters on behalf of clients for decades. We provide many different services within this practice area, under three main categories.
- Probate administration. Probate is a legal process that may occur after the death of a loved one. If your loved one did not leave a valid will, probate may be necessary to distribute assets. Our lawyers can help make probate as fast and stress-free for your family as possible.
- Estate planning. Estate planning is a comprehensive process that settles all of an individual’s asset, real estate, investment, debt, and personal possession matters prior to death. An attorney drawing up an estate plan can ensure its validity after your passing. Estate planning such as creating a will can give you peace of mind about the future.
- Guardianships. A serious disability or mental incapacity due to old age could result in the need for legal guardianship. A guardian is an appointed person who can make legal decisions for someone else. Our lawyers can help you through the guardianship process in Ohio.
If you are not sure which type of service you and your family need at this time, come to our Columbus office for a free consultation. We will review your situation, recommend the most appropriate action, and help you take the first steps forward.
Questions to Ask During Your Free Consultation
- Will the state get everything if a loved one does not have a will? No. Dying without a valid will does not mean the state inherits everything. It does mean, however, that surviving relatives will need to go through the probate process.
- How long does probate take? The answer depends on the situation. Most estates take a few months to resolve. However, an estate may take longer if the state mandates delays to give creditors time to file claims.
- Is hiring a lawyer worth the expense? Yes. Your lawyer will never receive more money than your family does during probate. Paying a lawyer for estate planning is worth the expense for your peace of mind.
Contact Us Today
It is normal not to know how to start your probate or estate planning services with an attorney. We offer free, no obligation consultations so you can get answers to your most pressing questions with no risk. Request yours today at (800) ELK-OHIO, or contact us online.