How to safely transport a Christmas tree on a car
Posted in Accident & Injury on December 14, 2017
Buying a Christmas tree is a quintessential part of the holiday season for many families. Unfortunately, when a Christmas tree is not securely fastened to the car, it can fly off the vehicle and cause tremendous damage.
Here are some tips to help you safely transport a Christmas tree on your vehicle:
- Pack the right gear: Bring rope, cord or bungee straps to secure the tree to your car.
- Get the Christmas tree netted: Ask the seller to net the tree. This will make it more compact and easier to transport and move around.
- Protect your car’s roof: Place a tarp or blanket on the roof of the car to protect it from scratches.
- Trunk-side forward: Position the tree so the tree trunk is toward the front of your vehicle.
- Secure the tree: Wrap rope, cord or bungee straps around the tree to secure it to the car’s roof or rack. You may need to wrap it several times to make sure it is secured.
- Check the tree before driving: Do one last check before hitting the road. Tug on the tree to make sure it’s secure.
- Take the back roads home: It may be a good idea to avoid highways and avoid high speeds. Take it easy and watch your speed on the way home – take the back roads, if necessary.
By implementing these tips, you can safely get your Christmas tree home and get on to more important things – like decorating it!