Knee Replacement Problems
Elk & Elk personal injury lawyers investigating knee replacement systems
More than half a million knee replacement surgeries are done each year in the United States. Unfortunately, many knee replacement devices have been recalled or have caused problems for patients. Often, patients have had to endure the pain of one knee surgery followed by months of rehabilitation, only to suffer complications requiring them to undergo a second surgery.
If you or someone you know had a defective knee replacement, call the experienced and skilled attorneys at Elk & Elk Co.. Ltd. We have the resources to stand up to negligent manufacturers, health care providers and insurance companies. If you need aggressive legal representation, call 1-800-ELK-OHIO or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
The health risks of knee replacements
With any knee replacement, there is the risk of “adverse events.” These include:
- Loosening or fracture of the prosthetic knee components
- Dislocation and/or joint instability of the prosthetic knee
- Misalignment of the prosthetic knee components
- Disassembly of the prosthetic knee components
- Bone fracture or nerve damage
- Leg length discrepancies
- Poor range of motion
The following complications are also possible:
- Adverse reactions to the materials contained in the prosthetic knee. These reactions range from an allergic reaction to cancer and/or tumors.
- Debris generated from unavoidable wear of the prosthetic knee may cause bone disintegration (osteolysis) and loosening of the prosthetic knee components.
- Blood clots in one or more veins (venous thromboembolic disease)
- Corrosion of the prosthetic knee components
Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO for a free consultation if you have suffered from a faulty knee replacement
If you or a loved one has suffered complications following a knee replacement surgery, contact the Ohio injury lawyers at Elk & Elk. We have more than 50 years of experience representing victims who were injured by defective medical devices and we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Let us use our experience and our resources to get you the results you deserve. For a free, no obligation telephone consultation, call 1-800-ELK-OHIO. Or you can also fill out our free, no obligation online contact form.