When to Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Posted in Workplace Injuries and Claims on October 26, 2017
When an individual gets injured on the job, many questions may come to mind:
- Do I need a workers’ compensation attorney?
- Can I handle this on my own?
- At what point should I hire an attorney?
These are all legitimate and important questions. However, there may not be clear answers, adding to the confusion of the situation.
How can you know whether you need assistance from a workers’ compensation attorney? Your answers to these questions can help determine your next steps:
- Does your employer refuse to believe that you were injured on the job?
- Has your insurance company denied your benefits?
- Are you unable to get necessary medical care?
- Has your insurance company promised benefits or care – but you have yet to receive any?
If you answered yes to any of these questions – or if you have encountered any other problems – you should consider talking to a workers’ compensation attorney.
You may not be getting the benefits you are entitled to. Your rights may have been violated. An attorney can help protect those rights and seek maximum workers’ compensation benefits on your behalf.
You don’t have to face this unfamiliar process alone.
Free consultation: If you wish to speak to a workers’ compensation attorney about your case, please call 1-800-ELK-OHIO. We represent clients throughout Ohio.