Were You Impacted By The Equifax Security Breach?
Posted in Class Action on October 9, 2017
UPDATE – July 2019: Consumers impacted by the data breach are entitled to free credit monitoring or up to $125 in cash. Visit the settlement website to find out if you qualify.
If you have run a credit report in the past in the U.S., there is a chance that your information may have been exposed during the Equifax data breach. Up to 146.6 million Americans were affected.
Of the three major credit reporting agencies in the United States, Equifax was the only agency affected.
Hackers gained access to personal information including:
- 146.6 million names
- 146.6 million dates of birth
- 145.5 million social security numbers
- 99 million addresses
- 209,000 payment cards (including numbers and expiration dates)
- 38,000 driver’s licenses
- 3,200 passport details
How to find out if your information was exposed
- Follow this link to go to the Equifax Security website
- Click on the “Am I Impacted?” button
- Enter your last name and last 6 digits of your Social Security Number, as directed
- Press continue to find out if you have been affected