7 Ways to Reduce Stress in the Age of COVID
Posted in Health & Wellness on December 4, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has been stressful for many people. Fear and anxiety about the virus can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions. Fortunately, there are healthy ways to cope. Harvard Health lists seven ways to reduce stress brought about by the pandemic.
- Get enough sleep
- Inadequate or poor-quality sleep can negatively affect your mood, mental alertness, energy level and physical health.
- Powerful relaxation techniques and stress-busters include meditation, breathing exercises, guided imagery and yoga. Looking for yoga online class to reduce your stress? You can check out this long list of types of yoga which you can best choose from!
- Strengthen your social network
- Connect with others by taking a class, joining an organization or participating in a support group.
- Hone your time-management skills
- The more efficiently you can juggle work and family demands, the lower your stress level.
- If possible, try to resolve stressful situations
- Don’t let stressful situations linger. Hold family problem-solving sessions and use negotiation skills at home and at work.
- Nurture yourself
- In other words, treat yourself! Go get a massage. Truly savor an experience: for example, eat slowly and really focus on the taste of each bite. Take a walk or a nap, or listen to your favorite music.
- Ask for help
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, friends and/or neighbors. If stress and anxiety continue, talk to your doctor.
Source: Harvard Health