Voting Information for the 2020 General Election
Posted in In the news on September 11, 2020
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3. In Ohio, voters can request a ballot by mail or vote in person. The state also offers early voting.
Dates and Deadlines
- The deadline to register online to vote is Monday, October 5.
- The deadline for registering by mail to vote is (postmarked by) Monday, October 5.
- The deadline to register for in-person voting is Monday, October 5.
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Saturday, October 31.
- Early voting runs from Tuesday, October 6 to Monday, November 2. Dates and hours may vary depending on where you live.
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3.
Are You Registered?
- Check your voter registration online.
- If you are unable to locate your voter registration information but believe you are registered to vote, it is recommended that you search again making sure all information provided is accurate.
- Contact your county board of elections regarding any questions pertaining to your voter registration.
Registering to Vote
- Option 1
- Visit VoteOhio.gov.
- Select Register to Vote.
- Review the information and select Let’s Get Started.
- Option 2
- Download a form at VoteOhio.gov or pick up a form at any public library, high school, Job & Family Services office or BMV office.
- By mail
- Early in-person
- At your polling location on Election Day
- Polling locations can be located here.