The Latest Product Recalls
Posted in In the news, Product Recall on June 2, 2020
This post covers recent recalls issued by the six federal regulatory agencies participating in recalls.gov.
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSD) issued an important recall remedy notice:
Due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding COVID-19, some of the remedies identified in recall press releases may not be available at this time. Consumers should check with recalling firms for further details.
It is important to remember that CPSC and recalling firms urge consumers not to use recalled products.
Click on the product name for more details, including affected product/model numbers, remedies and refund information.
- Sanvall Rapid Alivio Pain Relieving Roll-On: The packaging of the product is not child-resistant. There is a risk of poisoning if children swallow the contents.
- Wide Fit Kitten Heel Court Pumps: The shoes face a recall due to high levels of chromium, which could irritate the skin.
- Nelson and Lauki Dressers and Cabinets: The recalled dressers and cabinets can tip over if they are not anchored to a wall. This poses serious trip-over and entrapment hazards.
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets: Seven lots of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, showed N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) amounts above acceptable FDA levels.
- Champion Meat Goat Pellets R20, Medicated Feed: The product was recalled due to elevated level of Rumensin (monensin). Goats ingesting excessive levels of monensin in feed are at risk of injury and death.
- Lean Cuisine Fettuccini Alfredo: Nestle Prepared Foods Company recalled the product due to misbranding and undeclared allergens.
- Conagra Brands frozen food: Approximately 276,872 pounds of not ready-to-eat chicken and turkey bowl products may contain extraneous material, specifically small rocks.
- Mercedes-Benz: The company recalled certain 2012 C250, C250 Coupe, C300, C350, C350 Coupe, C63 AMG and C63 AMG Coupe vehicles. An incorrect replacement front passenger airbag may have been installed.
- Forest River trailer hitches: Certain 2020-2021 Surveyor Travel Trailers may break if the trailer comes unhitched.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, call 1-800-ELK-OHIO or fill out a free, no-obligation contact form.