Beavercreek Personal Injury Attorney
An injury can have a significant impact on your life. From thousands of dollars in medical bills to immense physical pain and emotional suffering, an accident can put you through a lot.
The Beavercreek personal injury attorneys at Elk & Elk can help you work through the elements of a personal injury claim. Our compassionate personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping you obtain justice. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Beavercreek Personal Injury Lawyers
- Clients in Ohio have trusted Elk & Elk with their most challenging cases for over 50 years.
- We have won some of the largest settlements and verdicts in Ohio, recovering more than $1 billion for our clients.
- We care about you and your needs and custom-tailor all of our legal strategies.
- Our law firm has exceptional legal resources and the ability to go to trial.
- Our Beavercreek personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, with no fees upfront.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can be vital to the success of your case. A personal injury attorney can deal with insurance companies, protect you from tactics an insurance company may use to devalue your claim, take care of the entire legal process, properly assess the value of your lawsuit and more.
You may be seriously injured and too overwhelmed to deal with legal processes on your own. A lawyer can take care of things and pursue compensation on your behalf while you focus on healing.
Personal Injury Laws in Ohio
A personal injury case is a legal claim brought against one or multiple parties in pursuit of compensation for an accident and related losses. In Ohio, an accident victim has the right to file a personal injury lawsuit if someone else was careless and this caused the victim to be injured. The legal term for this carelessness is negligence.
Proving negligence during a personal injury claim requires evidence of four elements:
- Duty of care (obligation to exercise reasonable care).
- Breach of the duty of care.
- Causation between the breach and the accident.
- Compensable losses suffered by the plaintiff.
Establishing the defendant’s negligence is a requirement for most personal injury cases. However, your case may involve the doctrine of strict liability, meaning you do not have to prove negligence. Discuss the specific laws and legal procedures that may apply to your case in more detail with an attorney.
Types of Cases We Accept
At Elk & Elk, our lawyers have spent years advocating for clients during personal injury lawsuits throughout Ohio. In that time, we have acquired a great deal of experience representing clients in some of the most complicated claims.
Our personal injury lawyers in Beavercreek, Ohio accept many case types:
- Car, truck, motorcycle and bus accidents
- Bicyclist and pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability accidents, such as slip and falls or dog attacks
- Medical malpractice, birth injuries and nursing home abuse
- Defective products, drugs and medical devices
- Workplace accidents and workers’ compensation claims
- Fatal accidents (wrongful death claims)
This is not a full list of all of the practice areas we accept at our Beavercreek personal injury law firm. To find out if we are the right fit for you, request a free consultation.
Deadline for Filing a Claim in Ohio
Do not wait too long to file a personal injury lawsuit in Ohio. The statute of limitations gives you a legal deadline of two years to file your lawsuit, in most cases. You may have more or less time than this, however, depending on the circumstances of your case. Contact an attorney right away to avoid missing your time limit.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Beavercreek, Ohio Today
Find out if you have grounds to bring a personal injury lawsuit during a free consultation at Elk & Elk. We will carefully review the facts of your case, ask questions and listen to your story to determine if you have a claim. If so, we can help you seek maximum compensation for your accident-related injuries. Contact us today to request your case review in Beavercreek.