Beavercreek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Being in an accident is any motorcyclist’s greatest fear. A motorcycle accident could cause catastrophic injuries that last a victim’s lifetime, along with expensive medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Elk & Elk, our Beavercreek personal injury lawyers stand up for the rights of injured motorcyclists in Beavercreek, Ohio. Contact us today if you’ve recently been injured in a motorcycle collision.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Beavercreek Can Help
Working with a motorcycle accident attorney on your claim can make a major difference to your legal experience. Not only can an attorney increase your recovery award through aggressive insurance negotiations, but also provide mental and emotional relief to you as a victim.
Your lawyer can prevent you from having to deal with the stress of a lawsuit on your own. A motorcycle accident attorney can protect your best interests by providing sound legal advice throughout your claim, investigating your accident and gathering the evidence necessary to maximize your financial compensation.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Beavercreek
Motorcycle accidents take place almost every day in Ohio. According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, 160 motorcyclists lost their lives in traffic accidents in 2019. Thousands of others were admitted to emergency rooms for accident-related injuries.
Almost all motorcycle accidents are preventable. If someone else carelessly, recklessly or intentionally caused your motorcycle accident in Beavercreek, Ohio, that party will be financially responsible for your losses. Three of the main reasons motorcycle accidents happen are:
- Driver negligence. Negligent driver behaviors, such as driving drunk, distracted, drowsy or recklessly, can lead to motorcycle collisions. In this scenario, the auto insurance company of the at-fault driver will pay for your losses under Ohio’s fault-based insurance law.
- Roadway defects. A roadway defect such as an uneven or cracked surface, pothole, storm debris, ice or snow, or missing guardrail could contribute to a motorcycle accident in Beavercreek. If this is the case, the government that owns the road may be liable.
- Motorcycle defects. Motorcycle part defects, such as bad brakes or a defective tire, could compromise the vehicle’s ability to travel safely. The manufacturer or distributor could be responsible for an accident caused by a part defect.
Determining the cause of your motorcycle accident and the identity of the defendant(s) are two tasks our lawyers at Elk & Elk can handle for you. We work with skilled investigators and motorcycle accident reconstruction experts to get to the bottom of traffic accidents in Beavercreek.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Beavercreek, OH
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Beavercreek, Ohio, try to remain calm and take certain steps to protect your legal rights from the very beginning:
- Call the police to report the motorcycle accident.
- Stay as still as you can while you wait for paramedics to arrive if you feel seriously injured.
- Exchange information with the motor vehicle driver.
- Take photographs of the scene of the motorcycle accident, if you can.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of eyewitnesses.
- Do not admit fault for the collision.
- Go to a hospital as soon as you can. Follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
- Report the collision to your auto insurance company.
- Collect copies of your police report and medical records.
- Consult with a motorcycle accident attorney before accepting an insurance settlement.
After a motorcycle crash, collect evidence, information, and documentation about the collision. Then, bring all of this data to a motorcycle accident attorney near you for a free case review.
Contact a Beavercreek Motorcycle Accident Attorney Now
A motorcycle accident can put you through significant pain and suffering, long-term physical injuries, confusing paperwork, and other hardships. Hiring the right motorcycle accident attorney can give you immediate psychological relief.
Discuss how Elk & Elk can help you and your family during this difficult time. Request a free consultation in Beavercreek at 1-800-ELK-OHIO or by sending us a message online.