Beavercreek Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can cause significant harm. It may give you an injury you will have for the foreseeable future, along with related health care costs, lost wages, emotional distress, and a diminished quality of life. At Elk & Elk, our Beavercreek car accident lawyers are committed to helping crash victims recover. Find out how we can help you today.
Why Choose Our Car Accident Lawyers
- We work hard to obtain maximum financial compensation for our clients. Our lawyers have won more than $1 billion in settlements and verdicts.
- For more than five decades, we have provided high-quality legal advocacy to injured clients in Beavercreek and throughout Ohio.
- We don’t charge our clients upfront. Elk & Elk operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only charge attorney’s fees for cases we win.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident lawyer is an advocate who will protect your best interests during the legal process. Hiring a car accident attorney can come with many benefits, including:
- Trustworthy answers to your legal questions.
- Proper assessment of the value of your claim.
- Stress relief and peace of mind when you need it the most.
- Someone to handle insurance negotiations for you.
- A skilled litigator fighting for maximum compensation.
- The resources to investigate and determine the responsible party.
- Connections to investigators and subject-matter experts.
- The ability to go to trial, if necessary.
If you’re not sure whether your car accident case needs attention from an attorney, we can review your case for free in Beavercreek.
Is Ohio a Fault or No-Fault Car Accident State?
Ohio is a fault-car accident state. It uses a tort system, meaning the person or party guilty of a tort (wrongdoing) is financially responsible for the car crash. In a no-fault state, on the other hand, all injured parties will pursue benefits from their own insurance carriers, regardless of fault.
Before you file an insurance claim in Ohio, you or your car accident attorney must determine fault for the collision. Then, you must prove that party is liable through a preponderance of the evidence – enough evidence to establish fault as more likely than not to be true. A lawyer can help you with this task by gathering evidence and presenting it to an insurance company on your behalf.
Common Injuries Suffered in Auto Accidents
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries to every part of the body. Some of the most common injuries suffered are:
- Broken bones
- Muscle strains
- Brain injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Internal injuries
If you have been diagnosed with any type of injury after an auto accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation for your medical bills and other losses.
Types of Car Accident Claims We Handle at Elk & Elk
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of serious injuries in Ohio. In 2019 alone, vehicle collisions took 1,155 lives, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol. At Elk & Elk, our Ohio personal injury attorneys accept many different types of car accident cases:
- Accidents involving traffic violations
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Fatal car accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Rideshare accidents
- Roadway defect accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured driver accidents
If you were injured or have lost a loved one in any type of car accident in Beavercreek, we can help. We will review your rights in detail with you, answer your legal questions, and let you know what steps to take toward obtaining justice and financial compensation.
Discuss Your Car Accident Case for Free in Beavercreek, Ohio
Don’t hesitate to contact Elk & Elk to request a free, no-obligation legal consultation if you were recently injured in a car accident in Beavercreek or the surrounding area. We can help you move on after a serious vehicle collision. Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO or contact us online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.