Ohio Rideshare Accident Attorney
Were you injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle?
Ridesharing services offer an easy, affordable way to get around if you don’t have a car of your own or just need someone else to take the wheel for a night.
But what happens when an Uber or Lyft ride takes a turn for the worse, leaving you with serious injuries and a stack of medical bills?
Whether you were hurt as a passenger or hit by a rideshare vehicle while walking across the street, you could be entitled to significant compensation. Even Uber or Lyft drivers who were injured on the job may be eligible for compensation in the event of a car accident. An experienced Ohio Uber or Lyft accident attorney can help you understand your legal options and negotiate with the insurance companies while you focus on your recovery.
Uber and Lyft require drivers to have their own insurance, and the companies also carry $1 million in total liability insurance for expenses not covered by the driver’s policy. In some cases, you may need to make claims against both policies or even a different driver’s insurance.
Sorting out insurance claims and determining liability can be difficult after any accident, but crashes involving rideshare vehicles tend to be even more complex.
If you or a loved one were injured in a crash involving an Uber or Lyft driver, Elk & Elk will review your claim at no charge. Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO or fill out an online contact form for your free case consultation.
Who may be eligible for compensation after an Uber or Lyft accident?
You should contact us for a free rideshare injury case consultation if:
- You were injured in an accident while you were riding as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft
- You were hurt in an accident caused by a driver who was working for Uber or Lyft at the time of the crash
- You were injured in an accident while you were driving for Uber or Lyft
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft carry $1 million in total liability insurance for accidents involving their drivers. This coverage is on top of the individual policies they require their drivers to purchase, and the high coverage limit offers the potential for a very large settlement for those with serious injuries.
As long as the Uber or Lyft driver involved in the accident was actively working for the company – signed into the app, on their way to pick up a rider, transporting a rider, etc. – at the time of the crash, your injuries and other expenses could be covered by one of the insurance policies. Uber or Lyft drivers who were injured on the job could also be entitled to compensation.
If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, the most important thing for you to do is focus on your recovery. Working with a rideshare injury attorney will give you access to the experience and resources required to negotiate maximum compensation from the company and insurance carriers.
What to do if you’re hurt in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle:
If you’re hurt in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver or while you’re working as a driver for a rideshare company, it’s important to take the following steps to protect the value of your case:
- Seek immediate medical treatment for any injuries. Safety should be the top priority after any accident. Documenting your injuries and avoiding delays in treatment also play important roles in the success of your case.
- Get the police involved. Proper documentation – including a police report – can make or break your case when you’re working to get compensation from rideshare or insurance companies. Be sure someone is taking photos, videos, and witness statements at the scene.
- Don’t negotiate alone. Insurance carries may try to pressure you into accepting a settlement immediately after the accident. Never agree to an offer without getting the opinion of an experienced attorney. Most Ohio injury lawyers offer free case consultations, so you have nothing to lose by having your claim reviewed.
Do you think your injuries should be covered by Uber or Lyft’s insurance policies? Contact us today for a free review of your claim.