Parma Truck Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, you have legal rights. Discuss them at no cost or obligation with the Parma truck accident attorneys at Elk & Elk today. Our Parma personal injury attorneys are passionate about helping victims of truck accidents move forward with the closure, justice, and financial compensation they deserve.
Why Choose Our Parma Truck Accident Lawyers
- We have decades of experience representing clients during truck accident claims.
- We work hard to obtain the best possible case results for our clients.
- Our lawyers believe in providing individualized care and attention to each client.
- You will have a direct line of communication with your truck accident lawyer.
- Our Parma, Ohio truck accident attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis.
What Makes Truck Accidents Unique?
The commercial trucking industry has its own rules and regulations that trucking companies and drivers must obey. The lawyers at Elk & Elk understand these laws and how they apply to truck accident cases. When a trucking company breaks the law, accidents can happen.
Our car accident lawyers can help you hold the responsible party accountable by gathering evidence, such as:
- The truck’s black box
- Truck inspection reports
- Driver logs/electronic logging devices
- Trucking company compliance history
- Employment records
- The driver’s driving record and medical history
- The driver’s cell phone records
- Eyewitness statements
- A police report
- Medical records
Something else that makes truck accident cases unique is the size and interest of the adversary. Trucking companies have a lot of resources to put toward fighting claims. Their insurers will have investigators on the scene almost immediately.
Why You Need an Attorney
It can be difficult to negotiate with a trucking company and its insurance carrier without assistance from a personal injury attorney. Having a lawyer represent you forces the insurer to take you seriously. Your lawyer will handle settlement negotiations for you and fight for an adequate amount for your serious injuries. If a settlement is not possible, your lawyer can represent you at trial in Parma instead.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Parma, Ohio
If negligence caused your truck accident, you could be eligible for financial compensation. In personal injury law, negligence describes someone’s carelessness or failure to act in a reasonable manner, resulting in injury or harm to others.
Many different types of negligence can cause truck accidents in Parma:
- Distracted or careless truck drivers
- Truck drivers operating under the influence
- Truck driver fatigue
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Negligent trucking companies
- Poor truck driver training
- Failing to fire an incompetent driver
- Lack of truck maintenance
- Improperly secured cargo/lost cargo loads
If a negligent trucking company or one of its employees caused your truck accident, the trucking company may be financially responsible for your injury and related losses.
Compensation Available in a Truck Accident Claim
With help from a truck accident lawyer, you and your family can receive a monetary award to reimburse you for economic and noneconomic damages. The law may entitle you to receive compensation for:
- Vehicle repairs
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Legal fees
- Punitive damages
The value of your truck accident case will depend on factors such as the severity of your injuries, how long it will take you to recover and whether your injury interferes with work. Our lawyers can accurately assess the value of your truck accident case.
Call Elk & Elk for a Free Consultation
A truck accident can lead to expensive hospital bills and a great deal of emotional distress. The Ohio personal injury lawyers at Elk & Elk can help you seek justice for your truck accident using proven and aggressive legal tactics. Trust our lawyers for assistance when you need it the most.
Contact us by calling 1-800-ELK-OHIO or sending us a message online. Initial consultations are free and confidential.