Parma Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can cause horrific injuries that last a lifetime. If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, contact a lawyer in Parma, Ohio from Elk & Elk. You may be eligible for financial compensation.
At Elk & Elk, our Parma motorcycle accident lawyers offer initial consultations, where you can get legal advice and answers to your questions at no cost or obligation. Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO today.
Why Choose Us
- We are committed to helping injured motorcyclists seek justice. We’ve been protecting clients’ rights for over 50 years.
- Our Parma personal injury lawyers are not afraid to go to trial if this is what it takes to achieve a top outcome. We’ve recovered over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts.
- Our Parma motorcycle accident lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay attorneys’ fees unless your lawyer wins your case.
Who Is Liable for Your Motorcycle Accident?
Liability refers to someone’s legal responsibility for your accident. Ohio is a fault-based accident state. After any type of auto accident in Ohio, the driver or party at fault for causing the collision is responsible for paying financial damages.
If someone else caused your motorcycle accident, you can hold that person financially accountable for your injuries and related losses. The liable party could be a driver, the government, an auto manufacturer, an employer or a combination of parties. Discuss your case with our attorneys to determine liability.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Parma, OH
You or your lawyer will need to determine the cause of your motorcycle accident before you can pursue financial compensation. The cause of the crash will point to the identity of the defendant. Most motorcycle accidents are preventable. They take place when one or more parties breach a duty of care or fail to act in a reasonable manner. The legal term for a breach of the duty of care is negligence.
Three of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Parma are:
- Driver errors. If a driver is negligent, he or she does something behind the wheel that is dangerous for others, such as driving while drunk or distracted. If this causes a motorcycle wreck, the driver will have to pay for losses through his or her auto insurance.
- Roadway defects. Small, lightweight motorcycles cannot ride over roadway defects as easily as standard vehicles. A defect such as debris, loose rubble, a pothole or an uneven shoulder can cause a motorcycle to crash. If the entity in charge of roadway maintenance negligently failed to remedy the defect, that party could be liable for the wreck.
- Motorcycle defects. A motorcycle defect could cause a bike to crash, such as an issue with the tires or steering. It is a motorcycle manufacturer’s responsibility to reasonably ensure the safety of the product.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Parma can thoroughly investigate your crash. We can revisit the scene of the accident, examine property damage, reconstruct the crash, hire experts, gather evidence and take other steps to determine its cause. Then, we can pursue maximum compensation from the liable party.
What Compensation Is Available?
We know that no amount of money can make up for a life-altering injury from a motorcycle wreck. A successful award, however, could help you and your family pay for several related losses:
- Health care expenses (past and future)
- Motorcycle repairs
- Losses of income
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Travel costs
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Discuss the potential value of your motorcycle accident claim with one of our attorneys today, before you accept a settlement from an insurance company that may not accurately reflect your losses.
Consult With a Parma, Ohio Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Parma, Ohio, you deserve answers. Our injury lawyers at Elk & Elk will listen to your story, answer your questions and help you get to the bottom of who is liable for the collision. If the law entitles you to financial compensation, we can help you fight for the best possible results.
Start your case with a free consultation in Parma. Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO or contact us online today.