Lima Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The average motorcycle accident causes severe injuries and expensive medical bills, as well as a great deal of emotional pain and suffering. Motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable to serious injuries in traffic accidents. At Elk & Elk, we can help if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Lima, Ohio. Our motorcycle accident attorneys will go the extra mile to make sure you get what you need and deserve.
What a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Lima, OH Can Do for You
Hiring a lawyer gives you the ability to concentrate on what matters most. You have enough to worry about as someone with a serious injury from a motorcycle accident. While you focus on rebuilding your life, an attorney in Lima, OH can handle legal matters for you. Your lawyer can negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf, for example, or represent you at trial. A motorcycle accident attorney gives you a strong advocate in the pursuit of financial compensation while you spend your energy on recuperating.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
It is especially important to hire a personal injury attorney in Lima if you or a loved one has a serious physical injury. Serious injuries can increase the value of your case, putting you at a higher risk of an insurance company taking advantage of you to save money. Motorcycle accidents often cause serious to catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Bone fractures
- Skull fractures and traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Skin injuries and road rash
- Internal injuries or bleeding
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Catastrophic or fatal injuries
The injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident can range from minor to permanently disabling. You may be eligible for financial compensation for any type of injury from a motorcycle accident if you did not cause the crash.
Who Is Liable for a Motorcycle Accident in Lima, Ohio?
In Ohio, liability for an auto accident will go to the party at fault for causing the collision. This is known as a fault-based insurance law. With a no-fault law, on the other hand, liability for an accident will go to each party’s own auto insurer, regardless of fault. There could be many options for the liable party in your motorcycle accident case, including:
- The driver. Careless or reckless drivers cause many motorcycle accidents in Ohio. Common examples of driver negligence are drowsy driving, drunk driving, texting and driving, failing to yield, red-light running, and making unsafe left-hand turns.
- The government. You may be able to bring a lawsuit against the government if a roadway defect caused or contributed to your motorcycle accident. If the government should have repaired the defect prior to your crash, the agency may be liable.
- The motorcycle manufacturer. Accidents caused by defective motorcycle parts can lead to product liability claims against the manufacturer or distributor. If your helmet contained a defect and this contributed to a head injury, you could also have grounds for a product liability claim.
Determining liability for your motorcycle accident may require help from an attorney. A motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate the crash for signs and evidence of negligence. Then, your attorney can go up against the correct party or parties on your behalf.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Lima
If you get injured in a motorcycle accident, take the correct steps to protect yourself. First, check for injuries. Call the police right away to report the crash if there are injuries or deaths. Do not admit fault for the motorcycle collision. Write down the other driver’s name, phone number and insurance information.
If you can, take photographs of the scene of the accident. Then, go to a hospital in Lima immediately for medical care. Call your auto insurance company to make an initial report of the crash. Before you say yes to an insurance settlement offer, consult with an attorney.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Lima for Free
You may be eligible for financial compensation after a serious motorcycle accident in Lima, Ohio. We can help you seek a monetary award from one or more defendants for causing your accident. Our motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to helping you pursue justice.
Contact Elk & Elk today for assistance with the legal process. We offer free initial consultations.