Seattle Surgical Error Lawyer
Undergoing a surgical procedure is always frightening. Even minor, routine surgery could have severe complications. You put your trust in your surgeon and other medical staff, only to realize that they acted negligently, causing you serious harm.
To seek compensation for your damages, you must go up against the hospital and its powerful insurance company. You will need a law firm like Elk & Elk on your side. With 50 years of experience helping clients who experienced surgical errors, our Seattle surgical errors attorneys have the strength, reputation, and knowledge to take action against negligent medical providers.
Why Choose Elk & Elk After a Surgical Mishap
Surgical errors can be devastating to the life of an individual. You should never have to worry about a surgeon making a mistake. Of course, mishaps happen, but a surgical mistake is not your fault nor your burden to bear alone. There are many reasons why you should trust the Seattle medical malpractice lawyers at Elk & Elk when looking for a helping hand after a surgical error.
- Our law firm has secured numerous multi-million dollar personal injury settlements for our clients.
- Elk & Elk handles all types of claims, from medical malpractice to defective drugs, so you can be confident in our firm when dealing with complex claims.
- Our Seattle personal injury lawyers’ primary focus is securing the maximum amount of compensation available, proven through our success by winning over one billion dollars in combined compensation for our clients.
Why a Seattle Surgical Errors Lawyer Is the Right Choice
There are many reasons why having an attorney on your side will benefit your case. Trying to file a claim in our complex legal system without the knowledge or experience required to do so can end in another party taking advantage of your situation. There are numerous ways in which an attorney can help ensure your surgical error claim is successful and maximize the compensation you receive as a result.
- Your lawyer at Elk & Elk will determine who was specifically involved in your procedure and who is liable for the mistakes and problems that arose during the surgery by consulting medical professionals in the field and reviewing hospital records.
- An attorney will successfully mediate, negotiate with other parties and insurance companies, and take part in other forms of investigation to explore the possibility of a settlement and determine how much money you are entitled to.
- A Seattle surgical errors lawyer will file your claim in its entirety while standing by to represent you in the court of law should your case proceed to trial.
What Are Some Common Surgical Errors?
When a surgeon, nurse, or other professional does not provide an adequate standard of care and this results in an injury, it is considered medical malpractice. Surgical errors are one type of malpractice. These errors can include:
- Leaving an object inside a patient
- Operating on the wrong area of the body
- Performing the wrong procedure
- Performing a procedure incorrectly
- Administering too much or too little anesthesia
- Inflicting damage to the nerves
Possible Consequences of Surgical Errors in Washington State
There are many complications that can arise due to a surgical error. A surgical mistake can lead to a person sustaining significant short- and long-term effects, including:
- Complete or partial disability
- Disfigurement and loss of limbs or appendages
- Organ or tissue damage
- Intraoperative or excessive bleeding
- Chemical imbalances within the body
- Damage to nerves and loss of feeling
- Lingering foreign devices in the body
As serious as some of these conditions are, the operating surgeon or hospital may not be willing to admit to wrongdoing out of fear of damage to reputation or losing money.
Your Hospital Might Not Always Protect Your Interests
Hospitals are supposed to have patients’ best interests at heart. In most cases, they do. But when it comes to surgical errors, the hospital’s primary goal is to protect its own reputation. The hospital’s powerful insurance company does not want to pay you a settlement — it wants to protect its own bottom line.
Fortunately, Elk & Elk has taken on powerful interests like hospitals and insurance providers for 50 years. We have recovered over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts in the fields of medical malpractice, defective drug distribution, and surgical errors for our clients.
Schedule a Free Consultation About Your Surgery
Elk & Elk offers free initial consultations. Our Washington personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so you will not pay any fees unless we recover compensation for your damages. To get your free consultation, reach out to a Seattle surgical errors attorney by calling 1-844-355-9378 or send us an email by following this link to our contact form.