FELA Railroad Injuries
The FELA railroad accident attorneys at Elk & Elk
Railroads are hazardous workplaces. In fact, they have double the fatal injury rate of other industries. Railroad brake, signal and switch operators perform the majority of railroad work, presenting them with a high level of danger and making them extremely susceptible to railway injuries.
Our Ohio railroad injury lawyers have decades of experience handling job-related railroad injuries
For 50 years, the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) injury lawyers at Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., have been committed to protecting your rights and handling your railroad accident case. Railroad accident claims can be extremely complex and require the care and attention of a highly trained group of attorneys to determine fault and secure justice for the victims. With our resources, we are able to employ leading experts from around the world in railroad accident reconstruction, health care, economics, and railroad regulation.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury on the job, let our Ohio FELA railroad accident attorneys fight for you and prove that our experience, resources, and determination can win you the compensation you deserve. Just call our toll-free legal consultation hotline at 1-800-ELK-OHIO or fill out our no-cost, obligation-free online contact form.
Injured railroad workers may be entitled to compensation under FELA
Railway injuries incurred on the job can be caused by factors such as freight and cargo mishaps, exposure to toxins, and many others. Injury claims made against the railroad industry have included both physical injuries and cumulative injuries, and reporting the injury is the first step in receiving compensation. Despite the severity of the injury, hurt railroad workers may be eligible for compensation under FELA.
Common physical injury and cumulative injury claims include:
- Back injuries, cervical herniated disk injuries, herniated disk injuries, spinal cord injuries, coupling injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Face injuries, head injuries
- Neck injuries, shoulder injuries
- Hand injuries, wrist injuries, elbow injuries
- Knee injuries, ankle injuries, ligament injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Fall injuries
- Whole body vibration (WBV) injuries
Verdicts and settlements
Some of our FELA settlements and results are listed below. Due to the nature of this type of law, many injury cases must remain confidential.
- $4.7 million: A union worker sustained a torn rotator cuff while removing a defective train device from a railroad car.
- Multimillion dollar: Brain injury to a vehicle driver hit by a train at a rural railroad crossing without lights and gates.
- $895,000: A union railroad worker suffered a mild brain injury when she fell while dismounting a rail car.
Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO to schedule a free consultation with our attorneys
Our FELA attorneys are available 24/7 to serve you. We offer free consultations and never charge anything unless you recover. Call 1-800-ELK-OHIO or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.