William J. Price
Bill Price is a seasoned trial attorney who focuses his practice on personal injury litigation for people who have been seriously injured or killed. His experience is in the fields of Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Neglect, Defective Products, Negligence in Construction sites and Trucking and Auto Accidents. He has tried more than 50 civil cases in multiple areas of negligence, products liability and wrongful death. Each of Bill’s clients receives his personal cell phone number to ensure timely and continuous communication, both during and after business hours, and to provide immediate responses to any questions or concerns. Most lawyers do not give this option to their clients, and he takes great pride in offering such direct access. While no attorney can guarantee a specific outcome, Bill guarantees his clients’ satisfaction with his service as their attorney and welcomes constructive criticism.
In addition to receiving the gratitude of his clients, several industry groups have recognized Bill for his abilities and results. Martindale-Hubbell®, a nationally recognized peer review system, allows other lawyers and judges to rate an attorney, based on his or her legal ability and general ethical standards. Attorney Price’s peers gave him their highest rating, AV® Preeminent™.
In 2016 & 2017, Super Lawyers Magazine recognized Bill as one of the Top 50 Lawyers in the Cleveland and was included in the Top 100 Lawyers in Ohio. Each year, no less than five percent of the lawyers are selected to receive this honor. In addition to being recognized in the Top 50 and Top 100, Bill was selected from 2010 to 2013 as a “Rising Star” for lawyers under the age of 40 and from 2014-2017 was selected to the Annual Ohio Super Lawyers list.
Attorney Price is also proud of his Avvo® rating. Avvo is a rating system, which allows colleagues and former clients to review an attorney based on his or her performance. He was given a “Superb 10/10” rating as a result of his years of experience, practice, and qualifications.
The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which also includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers, including only those who have won million dollar and multi-million dollar awards in their years of practice. Less than one percent of lawyers in the U.S. are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Attorney Price has been a member since 2012.
The following settlements and verdicts are just a few of the successful results he has achieved for various clients.
Settlements and Verdicts:
$4.7 Million – A motorist sustained a crushing injury to his ankle, leaving him permanently disabled for the remainder of his life after a head-on collision with another vehicle
$3 Million – Gas explosion in Southern Ohio resulting in a father sustaining third-degree burns to his forearms and upper torso, leaving him permanently scared and emotionally traumatized for life.
$1.5 Million – A fuel explosion in Akron/Canton area severely burned a mother and child, leaving severe scars and horrific skin disfigurement.
$1.45 Million – A traffic control zone was improperly designed and maintained, which resulted in a motorcyclist sustaining a traumatic brain injury.
$1.1 Million – Motor vehicle accident resulting in the wrongful death of a police officer
The Plaintiff worked as a police officer and was picking up debris in the road when the Defendant, who was driving a truck, hit the Plaintiff and dragged him along the roadway. This resulted in the death of the Plaintiff.
$1 .05 Million – Motorist sustained a side swipe accident and was ultimately struck in a head on collision causing him to die at the age of nineteen.
$850,000 – A tree-trimmer died due to a product defect when a fiberglass boom failed in the extended position when the deceased was trimming limbs near a power line.
$575,000 – Our client fell out of a tube at a local water park, resulting in paralysis to the right side of his body.
$300,000 – Our client slipped and fell on a diving board that was not properly maintained, resulting in injury.
$250,000 – Motorcycle collision results in multiple injuries
The Defendant failed to yield at a left turn and hit the Plaintiff, who was riding a motorcycle, head on. Our Client suffered lacerations to the forehead, road rash, arm and back injuries, and a fractured right leg, which required surgery.
$249,000 – Soft tissue verdict with hairline fractures. Defendant failed to yield while making a left turn and plaintiff hit the front passenger-side wheel well. Plaintiff’s hairline fracture resolved in three months, however plaintiff suffered continuous soft tissue pain. Jury agreed.
Bill has obtained settlements representing the defendant’s full policy limit for more than 60 of his clients.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Ohio, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 1999
- Bowling Green State University
- BS BA - Finance / International Business - 1995
- When is an Argument Considered Improper under the Golden Rule?, Ohio Trial Magazine, Winter, 2010
- A Walk on the Dark Side: Observations from an Insurance Industry Defense Lawyer - Turned Plaintiff's Counsel, OACTA Quarterly Review, Winter 2009/2010
- Preparing Cases for Settlement, Litigation News, Vol. 16, Issue 1, Winter, 2010
- When Experts Dismantle a Party's Credibility, Ohio Trial Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 2., 2007
- Valentine v. Conrad - Expanding the Role of Gatekeeper, Cleveland Association of Trial Lawyers Newsletter, Fall, 2007
- Gary Hanes' Day in Court, VBOOST, Summer, 2008
- Good Counsel, Trial, June, 2008
- How To Use Discovery From A Dismissed Case In Your Re-Filed Case, Ohio Trial, Winter, 2009
- "How to Avoid Defense Counsel's Tactics on Cross Examination", Northeast Ohio Chiropractor's Association, Spring 2006
- "Insurance Issues for the Elderly", Various AARP Meetings, 2006
- "Four Ways to Pump Up Referrals", Various Bar Associations in Ohio
- Automobile Litigation: Strategic Issues and Answers, NBI Presentation, July 10, 2010
- Managing Liens and Subrogation in Auto Accident Litigation, NBI presentation, July 29, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Ohio Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating? - 4.5/5.0 AV/ Preeminent
- Ohio Super Lawyers - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyers - Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers - 2016, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyers - Top 50 Cleveland Super Lawyers - 2016, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association , District 12 Delegate
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Litigation Section, Negligence Section and Young Lawyers Section
- Mt. Akra Lodge , Member
- National Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Appointed Segregation Task Committee, 2010
- Motorcycle Association - Lorain County Street Soldiers, Honorary Member
- Akron Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Central Ohio Association of Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association , Chair for the Negligence Law CLE presentation for the OSBA Conference
Past Employment Positions
- Cleveland Division, Externship, United States Attorney, 1998
- Curtin and Associates Ltd., Attorney, 2001 - 2006
- Summit County, Prosecutor, 1999 - 2001